Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rhinebeck!! Prep '09


Rhinebeck...just mention of the word causes fiber enthusiasts in several countries to start salivating and going glassy-eyed. It's much like a virus in the apparent symptoms but although it causes physical stuttering in speech and movement due to the psychological impairment of those afflicted, the symptoms are of a temporary distraction as the afflicted resume the daily grind. The cure is available but once a year at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck, NY, where you will find the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival in full swing October 17 & 18, of 2009.
The workshop roster includes two classes with my name on them and as if that is not enough, I now have a vendor space too! Building 36, booth Q, is where you will be able to view my dear hats and if not purchasing one, you may wish to take with you the pattern to re-create your favorite style---along with yarn, needles of a circular and double pointed nature, wool and felting supplies for embellishing. Oh, and don't forget to treat yourself to new stitch markers, the jewelry of knitting!
Dressing my booth has been a delightful exercise in list-making so far with a couple of trips to the store for research and development.
At home, I have been resurrecting bits, finding my spray paint and glue and have ordered bags, labels, a stamp, etc. Addressing packaging and pricing issues and more display props and furniture. Added roses to a couple of pieces.


Performed a major shopping trip on Friday and have only a few things left to check off my list. Have another four hats ready to go into the washer for fulling and am lining up the next round of candidates for embellishment. Loads of work and exhausting but I am truly in my element with the whole process of production and promotion. Some beautiful things are piling up around my cottage. Next, assembling kits.

Only one month left---begin the countdown!

XX,

Lisa

No comments: